Family of 4

Family of 4

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Our little elf

In our baby name book (100,000+ names), it says the meaning of Avery is "wise ruler" or "of the nobility". When I looked it up today online, the only definitions I came across were "elf counsel" or "elf ruler". No wonder she has little elf ears! :)
I think they're adorable.


Bryndon also reminded me that when we were first pregnant with her, we were calling her "Lil' Elf" because we found out in December and told our families on Christmas Eve. How appropriate!

Another funny coincidence is that her momma has one elf ear from an accident involving a car door. Maybe the accident damaged my genes and so I passed on the elf ears to her! :)

2 comments:

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

That's so funny!! I have a love/hate relationship with looking up the meaning of names.. Oh, and I've never ever noticed your elf ear!!

Tina said...

ha, ha, ha, ha!! That is so funny and so adorable!!